Tuesday, May 5, 2015

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE?

Logan Porter, a 17 year old boy from Arkadelphia, was killed last Friday when the throttle on his motorcycle didn't respond correctly. I don't know him, but he seemed like a nice kid. I spent about 30 minutes waiting with him last Thursday (Yes, the day before he died on the motorcycle he'd just gotten) for my youngest daughter, Calli, to take her driving test. She was the last of the car testers and then the motorcycles go after that. Anyway, I made small talk with him. He was very pleasant. The last thing I said to him was "Good luck." I don't usually start out asking people if they are Christians or want to study, but this is one case I should have. I had no idea he'd be gone 24 hours later...and luck wasn't going to help him.
Just posting to remind us all that you never know when you might miss an opportunity to teach God's word and save someone.




Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. 

For what is your life

It is even vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth.

James 4:14


Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation,                                             it was needful for me to write unto you,                                                              and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith                                                         which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jude 1:3


And daily in the temple, and in every house, 
they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
Acts 5:42



And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; 
and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Daniel 12:3

No comments:

Post a Comment